Renew your registration
If you’re a remittance service provider or digital currency (cryptocurrency) exchange (DCE) provider, you must apply to renew your registration every three years. This is so we can reassess your suitability to continue to be registered.
If you don’t apply to renew your registration before it expires you will no longer be registered as a remittance service provider or a digital currency exchange provider.
How to renew your registration
You must renew your registration through AUSTRAC Online. We will send you a reminder email 90, 60 and 30 days before your registration expires. Remittance network providers do not receive reminders about their affiliates’ expiry.
- Log in to AUSTRAC Online.
- Select My registrations via the Business Profile tab under the My Business page.
- If any registrations are due to expire in the next 90 days, you will see a renew link.
- Click on the renew tab to go to the form you need to complete.
- Click on the yellow download button to download the form.
- Once you have completed the form, press submit.
As part of the registration renewal process, you must confirm that:
- all your details in AUSTRAC Online are correct
- you have told us about any changes, including whether any key people have been charged, prosecuted or convicted of a serious offence, or been the subject of civil or criminal proceedings or enforcement action.
If you are an affiliate of a remittance network provider (RNP) your RNP must renew your registration for you.
Remittance network providers: Renewing your affiliates’ registration
If you’re a remittance network provider (RNP), you must apply to renew your affiliates’ registration every three years. Affiliates can’t apply to renew their own registration.
If you don’t apply to renew an affiliate’s registration before the expiry date, they will be removed from the Remittance Sector Register and must stop providing remittance services.
If an affiliate’s registration expires, and you need to re-register them, you must submit a new registration application.
How to renew your affiliates’ registration
If you’re a remittance network provider, you must renew your affiliates’ registration in AUSTRAC Online before they expire. You can do this up to 90 days before the expiry date.
In AUSTRAC Online you can also see a timeline of all your affiliate registrations due to expire in the next six months. If you have multiple affiliates’ registrations due at the same time, you can renew them in one batch.
- Log in to AUSTRAC Online.
- Select the Renewals option under the My Affiliates menu.
- Select one or many affiliates to renew.
- Click on Continue to renewal form.
- Check all sections of the form then press submit.
You will need to confirm that:
- the affiliate’s registration and enrolment details are correct
- you have notified us of any changes to the affiliate’s details, including whether any key people have been charged, prosecuted or convicted of a serious offence, or been the subject of civil or criminal proceedings or enforcement action.
For more information on the law about renewing your or your affiliates’ registration, download the Guidance note on renewing registrations on AUSTRAC’s Remittance Sector Register (PDF, 97KB).
The content on this website is general and is not legal advice. Before you make a decision or take a particular action based on the content on this website, you should check its accuracy, completeness, currency and relevance for your purposes. You may wish to seek independent professional advice.