AUSTRAC Contact Centre
Public holiday closure Monday 3 October 2022
The Contact Centre will be closed on Monday 3 October 2022.
We will reopen at 8:30am (AEDT) on Tuesday 4 October 2022 and will respond to any enquiries received on Monday.
- If you have information about suspected terrorism financing activities, please contact the National Security Hotline on 1800 123 400.
- To report suspicious or illegal financial activity please contact your local police for non-urgent assistance on 131 444, or call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- For AWB or TES technical support, please email your enquiry to the Help Desk.
AUSTRAC is Australia’s financial intelligence unit and its anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing regulator.
What we can and can’t help you with
Before you take the time to contact us, here’s what we can and can’t assist you with.
We can help with:
- questions about your anti-money laundering/counter-terrorism financing obligations
- questions about AUSTRAC.
We can’t help you with:
- tax enquiries – contact the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- complaints about financial service providers
- making sure financial services providers meet their other legal obligations
- complaints about scams. If you believe you have been scammed, contact Scamwatch or your local police. For online or email scams, contact the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network.
Phone: 1300 021 037 (local call cost within Australia)
Overseas enquiries: +61 299500055 (international charges may apply)
Submit your query online
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (or AEDT) excluding national public holidays.
Deliveries and direct enquiries
If you have a delivery or need to speak with someone specific at AUSTRAC, please call the person directly.
Did AUSTRAC contact me?
Watch out for frauds and scams involving phone calls or emails from people pretending to be AUSTRAC staff.
Translation and interpreting service
We offer a free translation and interpreting service to help you understand and meet your obligations to AUSTRAC.
Call the Contact Centre during operating hours to get connected to the translation service.
Phone 131 450 and ask for 'AUSTRAC on 1300 021 037'.
We use TIS National as our translation service.
Deaf and speech-impaired callers
If you are deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS).
TTY (teletypewriter) or computer with modem users
Phone 133 677 and ask for '1300 021 037'.
Speak and listen (speech-to-speech relay) users
Phone 1300 555 727 and ask for '1300 021 037'.
Postal address for all offices
PO Box K534
Haymarket NSW 1240
Level 23, 323 Castlereagh Street
Haymarket NSW 2000
Level 27, Tower 2,
727 Collins Street
Docklands VIC 3008
4 National Circuit
Barton ACT 2600
Level 15, 116 Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
The content on this website is general and is not legal advice. Before you make a decision or take a particular action based on the content on this website, you should check its accuracy, completeness, currency and relevance for your purposes. You may wish to seek independent professional advice.