Update your details
You must keep your AUSTRAC enrolment and account details up to date.
Reporting entities must tell us about any changes to enrolment details within 14 days.
Motor vehicle dealers (who provide insurance or act as insurance intermediaries) and solicitors must make sure their details are up to date when they submit reports.
This applies to any of the details you provided in your AUSTRAC Business Profile Form, including changes to:
- the services you provide
- the structure of your business or organisation – including if your business merges with another reporting entity
- contact details
- the names and contact details of key personnel, such as directors or officeholders
- your annual earnings (see updating your annual earnings for more about this).
Additional information remittance service providers and DCE providers must update
If you’re a remitter or digital currency (cryptocurrency) exchange provider (DCE) you must also tell us about:
- changes to key personnel details, and new details for key personnel who have left or joined your business
- a declaration that a police check has been obtained for new key personnel
- if your business or organisation is the subject of a civil penalty order issued under the AML/CTF Act
- if your business or organisation, or any of its key personnel, have been the subject of civil or criminal proceedings or enforcement action and were found to have committed a crime or breach.
You must also tell us if your business or organisation, or any of its key personnel, have been charged, prosecuted or found guilty of an offence including:
- money laundering
- terrorism or terrorism financing
- people smuggling
- other serious offences
- an offence under the AML/CTF Act or the Financial Transactions Reports Act.
How to update your details
Update your enrolment details through your AUSTRAC Online account.
- Log in to AUSTRAC Online
- Download the AUSTRAC Business Profile Form (ABPF) to access and edit your details (it will be auto-filled).
- Access your details via the Business Profile tab under the My Business page.
- Update your details and click Submit when complete.
- Once you have submitted the ABPF, click Go to Submission Confirmation Page to save and print or email a copy of the completed form for your records.
Using an agent to update your details
You can get an agent to notify us of any changes. You will need to have a written agreement with the agent authorising them to change details on your behalf. The agent must declare the information is true, accurate and complete.
An agent acting for a deceased estate, or for someone who can no longer manage their affairs, needs to prove they are authorised to act on their behalf.
The content on this website is general and is not legal advice. Before you make a decision or take a particular action based on the content on this website, you should check its accuracy, completeness, currency and relevance for your purposes. You may wish to seek independent professional advice.