Digital currency exchange provider registration actions
Any business that provides digital currency (cryptocurrency) exchange (DCE) services must be registered with AUSTRAC.
We can refuse an application, and can also suspend, cancel or refuse to renew a registration if we think a business or organisation poses an unacceptable risk of money laundering, terrorism financing, or other serious crime. We can also impose conditions on registration if we identify an unacceptable risk in a business or organisation, or its operation.
We can publish the names of the DCE service providers who are the subject of such decisions, and we may choose to publish the notice.
We can also revoke a decision.
- Find out more about obligations for digital currency exchange service providers.
- Find out more about the consequences of not complying.
Cancellation of registration of DCE service providers
Suspension of registration of DCE service providers
- 7 March 2019 – AUSCOIN ATM Pty Ltd
- 7 March 2019 – A.C.N 625 238 735 Pty Ltd T/as MK BUY & SELL
Refusal to renew the registration of DCE service providers
- 7 March 2019 – JWON1 Pty Ltd
- 17 December 2018 – Easy Bitcoin Trading Pty Ltd
The content on this website is general and is not legal advice. Before you make a decision or take a particular action based on the content on this website, you should check its accuracy, completeness, currency and relevance for your purposes. You may wish to seek independent professional advice.