AUSTRAC culture and benefits
Working at AUSTRAC not only means you help detect, deter and disrupt financial crime – you’ll also have access to rewarding benefits and join a fantastic culture.
Benefits and conditions
- Competitive APS salaries with access to annual salary progression
- 15.4% superannuation, which continues through paid maternity leave
- Generous leave conditions
- Discounted health insurance and novated car leasing
- Internal and external mobility opportunities, including temporary higher duties
- Study assistance - up to $4,000 per annum and up to 120 hours of study leave
- Opportunity for overseas deployments and work on special projects and taskforces
- Recognition programs - AUSTRAC CEO Commendation Award, Making a Difference awards, Australia Day Achievement Medallion and the Public Service Medal
View the AUSTRAC Enterprise Agreement (PDF, 1.361 MB) for more information about current salaries and other conditions of employment.
Find out how to apply for jobs with us.
Our culture is important to us. At AUSTRAC we are:
- United. We work together as one AUSTRAC and have high expectations of ourselves and others. We embrace change and collaborate internally and with our partners to serve the community.
- Accountable. We are transparent and accountable for our actions. We are honest and consistent, which builds trust and earns us credibility.
- Empowered. We empower our people to share new ideas without fear. This empowerment upholds our high performing reputation across the community and with our partners.
- Courageous. We are innovative, flexible and embrace new ideas. We are bold enough to take risks and test new ideas to solve problems, but we are never reckless.
- Inclusive. We recognise and celebrate our differences. We embrace diversity. People are our strength, we care for and support each other.
Lifestyle and wellbeing
- AUSTRAC has had a long term commitment to work-life balance through flexible work arrangements such as part-time work, job sharing, condensed working hours and home-based work, flexible working hours and access to flex-time
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave and two weeks paid supporting partner leave, in addition to government provided schemes
- Free parking for women in their third trimester of pregnancy
- A confidential coaching, counselling and support for employees and their immediate family members
- Free flu vaccinations, health checks, online health programs and other wellbeing initiatives
- Paid and unpaid leave for community volunteering and blood donation
- Reasonable workplace adjustments to support employees with illness or injury.
Do you have questions about working with us?
The content on this website is general and is not legal advice. Before you make a decision or take a particular action based on the content on this website, you should check its accuracy, completeness, currency and relevance for your purposes. You may wish to seek independent professional advice.