AUSTRAC is an Australian Government agency that helps detect and prevent money laundering, terrorism financing and other serious crime. We are both an intelligence agency and a regulator.
Read an overview of AUSTRAC’s role and work.
Contact the AUSTRAC media team
The first point of contact for media enquiries about AUSTRAC is the Media and Communications team. We operate during business hours and will try to respond to you as quickly as possible.
- Email: email@example.com: please include your contact details, the outlet you represent, details about your request and the deadline for your story.
- Phone: (02) 9950 0488
- Follow us on Twitter
Media releases and speeches
Limits on information sharing
We do all we can to be open and transparent, however there are matters we can’t comment on. These include:
- individual intelligence or operational matters
- whether an individual or reporting entity is the subject of any investigation by AUSTRAC or our partner agencies.
Unauthorised disclosure of official information may put law enforcement operations at risk.
AUSTRAC employees may be prevented from disclosing information by laws including:
- part 11 of the AML/CTF Act which contains the secrecy provisions relating to AUSTRAC information
- section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914 which makes it an offence for a Commonwealth officer to publish or communicate any fact, or document which comes into their knowledge or possession, and which it is his or her duty not to disclose.
Subscribe to media releases
To receive alerts when we publish new media releases, subscribe to RSS feed.
You need to use an RSS reader to subscribe to the RSS feed.
The content on this website is general and is not legal advice. Before you make a decision or take a particular action based on the content on this website, you should check its accuracy, completeness, currency and relevance for your purposes. You may wish to seek independent professional advice.