New e-learning modules now available
AUSTRAC has released two new anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF) e-learning modules.
These modules are aimed at all businesses regulated by AUSTRAC, and focus on:
- conducting enhanced customer due diligence (ECDD)
- submitting suspicious matter reports (SMRs).
They will help you to better understand:
- how and when to conduct ECDD
- the requirements and reasons for ECDD
- what different types of ECDD mean in practice
- how to identify a suspicious matter and provide quality SMRs
- how to manage law enforcement enquiries
- how SMRs are used using real life case studies.
These modules are the latest additions to a growing suite of e-learning resources designed to help you understand and comply with your AML/CTF obligations. They are a great resource to share with anyone who has an AML/CTF responsibility within your business. While they do not replace the mandatory AML/CTF risk awareness training that businesses are required to provide to their staff, they can help you meet this requirement.
If you have any questions about the e-learning modules, ECDD, SMRs or your AML/CTF obligations more broadly, email email@example.com or phone 1300 021 037.