What is AUSTRAC Online?
AUSTRAC provides an internet-based system called AUSTRAC Online designed to assist businesses with their regulatory and reporting obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML/CTF Act) and the Financial Transaction Reports Act 1988 (FTR Act).
What does AUSTRAC Online do?
AUSTRAC Online enables regulated entities to create their own AUSTRAC Online business account which:
- allows for the electronic submission of transaction reports
- provides an electronic means for reporting entities to enrol their business with the Reporting Entity Roll
- provides a mechanism for persons to submit an application for registration as remittance network providers, affiliates of remittance network providers and independent remittance dealers
- enables regulated businesses to view and maintain their own information as held by AUSTRAC
- provides a secure system enabling the protection of confidential information
- allows for electronic submission of the AML/CTF compliance report
- assists AUSTRAC to support industry by better understanding the regulated population.
Who can use AUSTRAC Online?
AUSTRAC Online is available to all businesses with AML/CTF Act and/or FTR Act obligations. To create an AUSTRAC Online business account, enrol or register, please visit this page: AUSTRAC Online business accounts.
Need further assistance?
For help regarding AUSTRAC Online, or your obligations under the AML/CTF and FTR Acts, contact the AUSTRAC Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 021 037 (a local call within Australia).