Freedom of information disclosure log
Publicly available information released following an FOI access request
The Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) is required by the Freedom of Information Act 1982 section 11C to publish a disclosure log on its website. The disclosure log lists information released in response to an FOI request and information which has been routinely requested. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- other information covered by a determination made by the Australian Information Commissioner if publication of that information would be 'unreasonable'
- any information if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications that would need to be made to delete the information listed in the above dot points.
- any information that is considered to be exempt matter under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 is not required to be published under the Information Publication Scheme
- if an enactment restricts or prohibits the publication of particular information, an agency is not required under the Information Publication Scheme to publish the information otherwise than as permitted or required by the enactment.
The information described in this register has been released by AUSTRAC under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and is available for public access.
A link is provided if the information can be downloaded from this website or another website.
Information that is not available on a website may be obtained in writing. A charge may be imposed to reimburse AUSTRAC for the cost incurred in copying or reproducing the information or sending it to you. You will not be charged for the time spent by AUSTRAC in processing the FOI request that led to this information being made available. You will be notified if any charge is payable and required to pay the charge before the information is provided.
There may be documents in the disclosure log that are currently not available in html format. If you are unable to read the format provided please contact the AUSTRAC FOI Officer. We will try to meet all reasonable requests for an alternative format of the document in a timely manner and at the lowest reasonable cost to you.
All enquires relating to this disclosure log should be directed to the AUSTRAC FOI Officer:
Freedom of Information Officer
3-5 National Circuit
BARTON ACT 2600
Ph: 02 6120 2630
Fax: 02 6120 2601
|AUSTRAC Reference number
||Date information listed in disclosure log
||Summary of FOI
request received by agency/
|Description of information released under this disclosure log (and whether released in full or part)
||Link to information that can be accessed from this website or another website*
||Date when information may be deleted from a website
||MOU's between AUSTRAC and OAIC/ATO
||Released in part
||AUSTRAC ATO MOU (PDF,1MB)
||No MOU exists between AUSTRAC and the OAIC. This document was exempted under section 24A.|
||MOU's between AUSTRAC and ATO, AFP and CDPP - from 1 November 2004 to 31 December 2010 including any amendments
||Released in part
Schedule of documents
||No MOU exists between AUSTRAC and CDPP. This document was exempted under section 24A.|
* Link to information that can be accessed from this website or another website - If you are unable to access this information or require this information in an alternative format, please contact the FOI Officer within AUSTRAC
** Date when information may be deleted from a website - In line with the Australian Information Commissioners guidelines AUSTRAC will not remove information published on the disclosure log, within 12 months from the date it was listed.
*** Other information - May include, for example, if information is no longer available or has been revised by the agency or minister.
NOTE: The AUSTRAC IPS contains links to some documents that are currently only available to download in a Portable Document Format (PDF). For more information on requesting an alternative format please visit the accessibility page of the AUSTRAC website.