Infringement notices are issued due to alleged contraventions of the following:
- Failure to report under subsection 53(3) of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, the movement of AUD10,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) or more in physical currency upon entry to, or departure from, Australia. Persons who move AUD10,000 or more physical currency into or out of Australia must provide a report to a Customs officer, police officer or the AUSTRAC Chief Executive Officer.
- Failure to provide a report as required by a police officer or Customs officer on cross border movement of bearer negotiable instruments, pursuant to subsection 59(1) of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Infringement notice payment options
1. Online payment by credit card
Make a secure on line payment now:
Once you select the payment link you will be transferred to a secure BPOINT payment page to process your credit card transaction.
The BPOINT service is provided by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
2. Internet banking - BPAY (for Australian residents only)
Infringement Notices may be paid using BPAY (via your financial institution). To make a BPay payment, log in to your financial institution online or telephone banking portal and follow the prompts to make a BPay Bill Payment. You will be required to enter a biller code and customer reference number. The biller code and reference number are located on the back of the infringement notice.
For further assistance with completing a BPay payment, please contact your financial institution.
3. Money order or bank draft
- Request a money order or bank draft in AUD$ payable to AUSTRAC.
- Attach the payment slip portion of the Infringement notice.
Collector of Public Monies
PO Box 5516
WEST CHATSWOOD NSW 1515
Timing of payments
Payments for Infringement Notices must be received by AUSTRAC prior to 5pm on the due date. Check your financial institution's processing deadlines to ensure the payment is received on time.
Please contact the AUSTRAC Help Desk at email@example.com or phone 1300 021 037 (a local call within Australia).