Infringement notices are issued due to alleged contraventions of the following:
- Failure to report under subsection 53(3) of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, the movement of AUD10,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) or more in physical currency upon entry to, or departure from, Australia. Persons who move AUD10,000 or more physical currency into or out of Australia must provide a report to a Customs officer, police officer or the AUSTRAC Chief Executive Officer.
- Failure to provide a report as required by a police officer or Customs officer on cross border movement of bearer negotiable instruments, pursuant to subsection 59(1) of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Infringement notice payment options
1. Online Payment
Make a secure on line payment now:
Once you select the payment link you will be transferred to a secure BPOINT payment page to process your credit card transaction.
The BPOINT service is provided by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
2. Internet banking - BPAY (for Australian residents only)
Due to current technical difficulties, infringement notices cannot be paid through BPAY. We are seeking to rectify this technical difficulty, so in the meantime please choose one of the other payment options available, as shown on this page. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
3. Money order or bank draft
- Request a money order or bank draft in AUD$ payable to AUSTRAC.
- Attach the payment slip portion of the Infringement notice.
Collector of Public Monies
PO Box 5516
WEST CHATSWOOD NSW 1515
Timing of payments
Infringement Notice(s) must be processed before 5pm Monday to Friday (AEST), to ensure that your payment is processed overnight. Online payments made after 5pm will not be processed until the next business day.
Please contact the AUSTRAC Help Desk at email@example.com or phone 1300 021 037 (a local call within Australia.