Fintel Alliance launch
On 3 March 2017 in Sydney (and streamed live to Melbourne), AUSTRAC hosted the launch of Fintel Alliance - a world-first private-public partnership to combat money laundering and terrorism financing. It was formally launched by the Minister for Justice, the Hon Michael Keenan MP.
Launch attendees included senior executives of the banking and financial sector, law enforcement agencies, academia, and members of the media. The MC was Alex Malley, Chief Executive of CPA Australia and host of the Nine Network's 'In Conversation'.
Established by AUSTRAC, Fintel Alliance is a historic milestone involving industry and government agencies co-designing solutions that will transform the fight against terrorism financing and organised crime. It will also focus on developing ‘smarter regulation’, including streamlining the anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF) regulatory framework for industry.
Below are the Fintel Alliance media kit and video 'A day in the life of Fintel Alliance'.
- Fintel Alliance: Operations Hub (PDF, 41KB)
- Fintel Alliance: Innovation Hub (PDF, 41KB)
- Financial Intelligence Analyst Course (FIAC) (PDF, 42KB)
- Priority threat: Panama Papers (PDF, 41KB)
- Priority threat: Money mules (PDF, 40KB)
- Priority opportunity: ACORN data (PDF, 42KB)