AUSTRAC's policies give reporting entities further insight into AUSTRAC's approach to its regulatory task.
AUSTRAC's policies on education, enforcement, exemptions, monitoring and reporting indicate at a high level its approach when assisting the AUSTRAC CEO to fulfil his functions as outlined in section 212 of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
AUSTRAC's policies will evolve and develop over time to reflect the growing experience of reporting entities and the regulator with the new legislative environment. In all cases AUSTRAC aims to create an environment of continuous voluntary compliance with the legislation it administers and to build cooperative relationships with its reporting entities.
- Access to AUSTRAC information by non-designated Cwlth agencies
- External auditors
- Communication of AUSTRAC information to a foreign country
- Dissemination of bulk AUSTRAC information to the ATO and designated agencies
- English language translation policy
- Exemption policy
- Monitoring policy
- Public Interest Disclosures